Excel training might not seem like something you or your business particularly need. After all, you might know everything you need to know, and your spreadsheets work perfectly. And if you do – great. But for many businesses, they are missing some key elements of Excel that could save them a lot of time and money, as well as giving them deeper insights into their data than ever before. We’ve seen people who believe with all their heart that they have mastered Excel but are in fact using it as if it was still 1997. They have indeed mastered key features a while ago, but they haven’t kept up to date with the latest developments. This is where having some Excel training in London could really help take your business to the next level.
How Does Our Excel Training Work?
We understand how frustrating it can be to sit through a training course on something you already know. You end up zoning out, so that even if something comes up that you don’t know about, you might not absorb that information as fully as you should. That’s why our Excel training is completely tailored around what you and your team need from us. So rather than going through the same material for every course, we will remove the bits you don’t need to cover, and instead focus on what you do need to know. What if you don’t need a full days training? We’ll design a shorter course for you! We also offer standardised Excel training in London, and you can find information about those courses by clicking here.
Our experienced trainers will perform an initial briefing with you to understand your needs, your business needs and the current skills of the participants. We can then tell you which course suits your needs best and create a tailored programme if needed. On the day, our trainers will go through the topics with you, using genuine data from your business and plenty of hands-on exercises to not only tell you how to do things, but help you actually do them yourself, giving you a better understanding of the tasks. When the training is over, your trainer will still be available to answer any questions and help with any problems as part of our ongoing support network.
Our advanced Excel training is one of our most popular courses. Before you book onto our Advanced Excel training course, you should be confident using Excel and have a basic understanding of its features. After all, this is an advanced course, so we won’t cover any of the basics. What we will do is cover some of the more advanced functions within Excel and how they can be used to improve your business. At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Create and use Names
- Understand and be confident in using a wide range of built-in functions including LOOKUP & Logical Functions, Financial, Text, Statistical and Maths
- Create and use Tables
- Create and use advance Charts with such features as moving markers, interactive legends and more
- Use data validation and conditional formatting
- Understand and use ‘What If’ analysis tools, including Data Tables, Scenarios and Goal Seek
- Use Solver to resolve complex optimisation problems
- Create, modify and work with PivotTables
- Use templates to create consistency in your workbooks
- Create recorded macros in Excel
VBA And Excel Automation
When it comes to Excel, a lot of the processes you might find yourself doing every day are extremely repetitive, bordering on dull. If you need to produce the same report twice a day, every day, it can easily take up more of your time than it needs to. But you can automate most, if not all of these repetitive tasks using VBA and Excel automation. Our VBA and Excel automation training helps you understand how to do this, allowing you to save a lot of time and money in the long run.
We can run a standard VBA course for you, or we can customise a course to suit your specific needs.
At the end of one of our VBA and Excel automation training courses, you will be able to:
- Use the macro recorder to create a variety of macros
- Create and work with user-defined functions
- Work with the main components of the VBA editor window
- Understand the Excel object model and use the Immediate window
- Create command procedures
- Create and use variables
- Write code to manipulate Excel objects
- Use a range of common programming techniques
- Create a custom form complete with controls and event procedures
- Create code to drive a custom form
- Customise the menu system
- Create procedures that start automatically
At XL Intelligence, we live and breathe Excel. We have years of experience in all areas of Excel, and offer a range of both standard and bespoke training options for businesses of all shapes and sizes. We run standard one and two day Excel training courses in London, or we can offer more bite-sized options. After all, training doesn’t need to be a full day affair if you don’t need it – a couple of hours could be enough to improve your spreadsheets. To find out how we can help, just get in touch with the team today.